LAVACA COUNTY CZECH HERITAGE SOCIETY
- The recipient’s or their parents or foster parents must be a member of Lavaca chapter of CHS and the student must attend a school in Lavaca County.
- Scholarship(s) are available to high school graduates of Lavaca County who are planning to attend college, technical school, or vocational school full time. Funds will be awards after the Lavaca chapter of CHS receives a copy of the registration form. Scholarship funds must be requested within one year of graduation to be awarded.
- Interested students must submit the application no later than the first Monday of April each year. Only one application per student is allowed. If the application is mailed, it must be postmarked with a legible postmark no later then the first Monday of April. We are not responsible for the U. S. Postal Service.
- The Lavaca chapter of CHS will award "X" amount of scholarships in the amount of $ "X". If the recipient fails to register with a college, the money will be awarded in the form of a scholarship the following year. (Need to determine the number of scholarships and amount to be awarded in 2012.)
- The applications will be placed in a closed box and the winner(s) will be selected in the April meeting of the Lavaca chapter of CHS. The reason for not using an essay format is to eliminate any claim of favoritism.
- Applications must be mailed or turned in to:
4274 CR 392
Yoakum, TX 77995
Kathleen Buzek Chovanetz
P O Box 422 (mailing address)
205 East First Street
Hallettsville, TX 77964
Please click here for the scholarship application: